Harrell Home Services recommends Icynene® as an option. It offers many unique insulation properties. It is a spray foam insulation that has the remarkable ability to create an air barrier in an unvented attic to save energy, installs easily and helps seal the building envelope tight.
Icynene®, the leading soft foam insulation, is becoming the industry standard for providing maximum building envelope performance. Icynene’s pour and spray formulations represent a breakthrough in the science of moisture and thermal management. Icynene® is the leading 100% water-blown foam insulation that minimizes air leakage for increased energy efficiency, creates a healthier indoor environment, reduces airborne sounds and offers greater design freedom.
Icynene® maintains its performance with no loss of R-value over time. It does not shrink, sag or settle. Icynene® adheres to most construction materials, and is the perfect insulation for walls, attics, ceilings and floors.
Applied as a liquid, Icynene® expands to 100 times its volume in seconds to fill every crack and crevice while remaining flexible so that the integrity of the building envelope seal remains intact over time. Icynene’s spray formula has an R-value of 3.6 per inch. It acts as a complete insulation and air barrier to minimize air leakage, and seal the building envelope for optimal airtightness.
Why Choose Icynene®?
- Placing Duct Eorks in Conditioned Space
- Sprays on the Underside of your Roofing Deck
- For Code Approval
- Green Building, Energy Star Product
- Helps Reduce Energy Costs, up to 50%
- Possible to Reduce Equipment Size
- Air barrier, takes advantage of unvented attic, very efficient in fitting around framing and seals the building
- Excellent for new residential, retro in existing house, commercial construction